Friday, January 8, 2010

scooter!

i had a bajaj scooter that i purchased in oct 2008 from a the used-bikes market in kapurthala, as i came here on posting! it was in good condition and had a mileage of about kmpl.
it was used frequently and served me well when my dental office was in the old location , about 5 km from my residence but in may 2009 the dental center was relocated to a new , bigger accommodation which was just about 100 meters from my residence and the use of scooter for going to office was stopped.
however i, frequently used it for going to market ,mosque etc.
my parents visited me here in Kapurthala in may 2009 and on th may 09, when my father and myself were returning back to home after prayers ,on the scooter, the rear tyre burst and i could not balance the scooter, as we were riding at not-so-slow speed!
the engine of the scooter is on one side and its difficult to balance in such a condition as tyre burst!
the scooter did a u turn on the road, as i hastily applied brakes but my father got a fracture of the long bone of left leg (femur).
the vacation turned out to be a bad one and after 10 days of hospitalization and a surgery, father came back home, using a walker.
i had decided to sell away the scooter asap, as i was never again comfortable on that scooter.
i sold it to an agent in the same market and it was a good riddance i believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment